The Story of
Located on the Pointe-du-Chêne wharf, next to the Shediac marina, Captain Dan's is known for its delectable seafood menu, maritime cheer, and relaxed casual atmosphere overlooking the pristine Shediac Bay.
Drop by this summer and enjoy seafood the way it was meant to be: Maritime style with hospitality you can taste and touch.
Pointe-du-Chêne as well as its surrounding region has had a big influence on the history of transportation: one of the first public roads in New Brunswick, first ferryboat to PEI, first passenger railway service in the Maritimes, and the first transatlantic seaplane passenger & mail service between Europe and America.
Today, the wharf is used by fishermen, local residents, and tourists who come to eat delicious seafood, take a swim, sail, meet friends, or simply relax and admire the sunsets.
History of the
With the building of the Pointe-du-Chêne wharf in 1840 and of the railway terminal in 1857, this wharf became one of the most important harbours of the east coast. The wharf was mostly used to load merchandise intended for the Canadian, European, Caribbean, and Asian markets, to name a few.